Monday, November 17, 2008

Leftovers For Tomorrow's Chili


Hello fellow foodies! I have really been neglecting my food blogging lately... so hopefully this wonderful chili recipe will make up for that. I've also got a great dessert to post next, a chocolate trifle.

I went heavier on the beans than I usually do. I was going to make the chili in my crock pot, but I used so many ingredients that I had to move it over to a stock pot on the stove. (I cooked on a low temperature for about 4-5 hours.) My favorite thing about chili is that it's delicious & really easy to make.

1 can Hunt's fire roasted tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can black beans
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can light kidney beans
1 can refried beans
1 diced onion
1 diced green pepper
1 jar Newman's Own Garden Variety salsa
Handful of shredded Cabot habanero cheddar cheese
Just under 2lbs ground beef
McCormick chili mix
4 minced cloves of garlic
chili powder to taste
paprika to taste
garlic powder
onion powder
pinch of oregano
ground black pepper
Splash of leftover pasta sauce
Sprinkle of parmesan/romano cheese

I mixed the ground beef with the McCormick chili mix, some minced garlic, the onions, green peppers, and fire-roasted tomato sauce in a skillet. I then added the cooked ground beef, to the stock pot with all the other ingredients above. The longer it simmers, the yummier it will taste. This chili had a good kick to it. (Thanks to the extra chili powder I added & the habanero cheddar cheese.) I brought it in to work, and it was a hit with my co-workers.

No comments: