Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Leftover For Tomorrow's Pumpkin Cookies

This photo is from my first attempt. I did not use walnuts, dried cranberry, or raisins in this batch, but they were still darn tasty even without the addition of said ingredients. They are healthful (well, except for the icing, so I left half unglazed) & make a great breakfast snack on the go...

1/4 cup granulated white sugar

1/4 cup sugar in the raw

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup vegetable oil

2 tbsp molasses - **great tip** coat the spoon with olive oil first, and the molasses will slide right off!!

1 cup canned pumpkin (brand I recommend is: One Pie Pumpkin; it's much better than Libby's. It looks like this: one-pie.jpg )

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1 cup rolled oats

1 & 1/3 cup granola (I like Cascadian Farm brand - in health food or cereal aisle)

2 cups flour (I think I used more, and I always use my sifter)

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 egg

2 tbsp vanilla yogurt

2 tbsp butter

1/2 cup walnuts - I chopped most with food processor & left a few chunkier pieces

1/2 cup dried cranberries - chopped in food processor

1/2 cup raisins

1/4 tsp ground cloves

1/4 tsp ginger

1/4 tsp allspice

dash of nutmeg

Heat oven to 350 - Bake for about 15 minutes

These cookies will pretty much keep the shape you drop them in, so you can put them rather close together on a cookie sheet. The consensus was that people prefer the frosted cookies...

The Glaze (I used food coloring to make orange)

2 cups confectioners sugar

3 tbsp milk (I'm pretty sure I used more)

1 tbsp melted butter

1 tsp pure vanilla extract

1 comment:

Mary said...

Yum...that looks good....I have a food blog too! www.popsiclesandsandyfeet.blogspot.com. Don't laugh...it is dorky...